- 1979 Dr. Wright’s Book of nutritional therapy http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Wrights-Book-Nutritional-Therapy/dp/0878572708
Part 1: He lays out 41 cases in each of which he heals with nutrients
Part 2: Your personal health improvement program
Very readable and shock full of good info
- 1984 Dr. Wright’s Guide to healing with nutrition http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Wrights-Guide-Healing-Nutrition/dp/0878574859/ref=sr_1_1?s=books
Part 1: An approach to healing with nutrition
Part 2: He lays out 44 cases in each of which he heals with nutrients
Appendix A: Eight new cases on healing with nutrition
Appendix B: Dr. Wright’s guide to cholesterol controlling nutrients
Appendix C: Nutrients and bone health
Appendix D: The tryptophan scare
Appendix E: Case histories in Dr. Wright’s Book of nutritional therapy (two pages)
- Natural Medicine, Optimal Wellness: The Patient’s Guide to Health and Healing by Jonathan V. Wright and Alan R. Gaby (Apr 1, 2006)
Part 1: Fundamentals of natural medicine / Digestion and absorption / Food allergy and intolerance / Natural hormone therapy
Part 2: He lays out 49 cases in each of which he heals with nutrients, after each of which Dr. Gaby provides additional info on nutrients used
- Nutrition and Physical Degeneration: A Comparison of Primitive and Modern Diets and Their Effects http://www.amazon.com/Nutrition-Physical-Degeneration-Comparison-Primitive/dp/1849027536/ref=sr_1_1?s=books
1938: dentist Weston Price travelled the world to visit ancient peoples that had not yet come in contact with modern men or their foods. What did they eat to remain so exceptionally healthy right into their nineties? His unknown factor X turns out to be vitamin K2 by the way.
- 1989 Superimmunity for kids by Leo Galland: healthy eating from conception to teenage.
This is a really practical book with tips on foods and supplements for every age group, but also for the expecting and lactating mother. He also discusses the most frequent childhood diseases and their natural cures. Snap this book up as soon as it becomes available!
- Minding my mitochondria, 2nd edition, Terry L. Walsh MD. http://www.amazon.com/Minding-Mitochondria-2nd-progressive-wheelchair/dp/0982175086/ref=sr_1_1?s=books
Dr. Terry Wahls links micronutrient starvation to the epidemics of chronic disease that are overtaking modern society. She explains the key roles mitochondria play in maintaining a healthy brain and body. Americans are eating so poorly, something we all know to be true, that the majority of Americans are missing key building blocks that are needed for brain cells to be healthy.
This is a really good book if you want to know about energy production and liver detox phase 1 and 2.
- The magnesium miracle, Carolyn Dean MD ND http://www.amazon.com/Magnesium-Miracle-Carolyn-Dean/dp/034549458X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books
Magnesium is necessary for a lot of processes in the body. This book tells you all about it. Better still: start taking it.
- Vitamin B6, The doctor’s report http://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-Doctors-Report-James-Presley/dp/B000INWOV2/ref=sr_1_2?s=books
Read this book if it were only because B6 is so important for magnesium.
- Dr. Atkins, vita-nutrient solution http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Atkins-Vita-Nutrient-Solution-Natures/dp/0684844885/ref=sr_1_1?s=books
Even if you don’t agree with his views on diet (the Atkins diet), this book gives a very good and complete overview of a lot of nutrients. He handles each nutrient separately: vitamins, minerals, proteins, fatty acids, and more. Apart from that he gives advise on health in general.
I don’t like him on vitamin K though.
- The iodine crisis: what you don’t know about iodine can wreck your life, Lynne Farrow http://www.amazon.com/Iodine-Crisis-What-About-Wreck/dp/098603200X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books
How can I not recommend this book when I’m actually in it. I’m Virginia, page 143. There are lots of personal stories in this book.
Lynne describes how Iodine Deficiency is a world wide epidemic that contributes to the following diseases and their cures:
- Fibrocystic Breast Disease & related cancers
- Polycistic Ovary Syndrome & related cancers
- Uterus fibroids, cysts, endometriosis & related cancers
- Thyroid problems
- Brain Fog, felling stupid
- Prostate problems
- Hormonal imbalance
Her testimonials detail many other conditions caused by, and cured by iodine. She presents a fascinating history of iodine to cure health problems going back 15,000 years. Her book is fun to read. She details how her own life was wrecked by iodine deficiency, including fibrocystic breast disease with resulting breast cancer, hypothyroid, brain fog, feeling FAT & stupid and more, all cleared up after starting the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol. She details many doctor’s research into iodine and who stole iodine from us. This book is a MUST HAVE for every family and especially important for the women in your life, since women need far more iodine than men do for their female organs.
- The Thyroid and its Diseases, 6th Leslie J. De Groot MD (Author), P. Reed Larson MD FACP (Author), Georg Hennemann MD Dr FRCP FRCP(Edin) (Author) http://www.amazon.com/Thyroid-its-Diseases-6e/dp/0443088950/ref=sr_1_1?s=books
OR read it for free at:
This is a really technical book that’s very hard to read unless you’ve got a thorough understanding of chemistry and chemical biology.
Dr Tenpenny did a lecture on part of the book
Transcript of her lecture.
Sheet she uses but is hardly visible, use this.
- What your doctor may not tell you about Menopause, John R. Lee MD http://www.amazon.com/What-Your-Doctor-About-Menopause/dp/0446614955/ref=sr_1_1?s=books
This is a book that explains very clearly what wrong hormone therapy can do to you AND how to do it right. This book promotes natural progesterone, but don’t focus on that, focus on the wealth of information it provides.
- Hormone balance made simple, John R. Lee MD http://www.amazon.com/John-Lees-Hormone-Balance-Simple/dp/044669438X
This book is as good as the previous one and complements it nicely. It does some explaining about the workings of hormones as the previously mentioned does more elaborately. This book though, focuses more on how to supplement with hormones in what circumstance.
- Could it be B12? An Epidemic of Misdiagnoses. Sally M. Pacholok, Jeffrey J. Stuart
This might not be the best of books because it is a bit unstructured, but just bear with it, you can learn a lot.
- The Schwarzbein principle II, the transition. Diana Schwarzbein, MD http://www.amazon.com/Schwarzbein-Principle-Transition-Regeneration-Accelerated/dp/1558749640/ref=sr_1_2?s=books
This book explains the hormonal side of getting fat. She is after all an endocrinologist. Among other things she explains why you need a bit of insulin and thereby explains why zero carb diets are not healthy. She also provides a nutritional plan. You usually don’t read about the hormonal side of fat and obesity, so this book really provides additional information that you can’t get anywhere else.
- Vitamin K2 and the calcium paradox, Kate Rhéaume-Bleue ND http://www.amazon.com/Vitamin-K2-Calcium-Paradox-Little-Known/dp/0062320041
She explains how K2 interacts with other nutrients and what it can do for your health and how it does that.
- Why stomach acid is good for you, J.V. Wright, MD. http://www.amazon.com/Why-Stomach-Acid-Good-You/dp/0871319314.
The title says it all.
- Arthritis & Folk medicine by D.C. Jarvis M.D. (1960). http://www.amazon.com/Arthritis-Medicine-Deforest-Clinton-Jarvis/dp/0883659832
Dr. Jarvis was a GP in rural Vermont. This book is mainly about the application of ACV for health. Very interesting. He builds a convincing case for ACV. He backs up his theories with trials in practice.
- Jeff T Bowles on vitamin D:
Book: The Miraculous Results Of Extremely High Doses Of The Sunshine Hormone Vitamin D3 My Experiment With Huge Doses Of D3 From 25,000 To 50,000 To 100,000 Iu A Day Over A 1 Year Period
Buy kindle version or paperback at: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1491243821?tag=sb04e-20