Skip to content
- Lugols is anti bacterial:
- Use it to keep soup fresh for longer by adding Lugols to it. I add a dropper full of 15% Lugols to a pan with 6 liters of soup. Bacteria have no chance.
- Use it on wounds to keep bacteria away as long as it’s healing
- Some parts of your body actually prefer iodine to iodide. Since Lugols contains iodine (as well as iodide by the way), those parts of your body will be grateful if you start taking it. Add it to water, milk, orange juice, coffee, whatever you like. If you add it to orange juice, the Lugols becomes colourless. This is because of the vitamin C content of the orange juice. This is not a problem, it will work just the same.
- On holiday (Take it in a small glass container with a lid and take the dropper separately. The Lugols might damage the rubber in the dropper):
- Take it on holiday to disinfect water or soup or other fluids.
- Take it on holiday to dissolve in water and wipe suspicious surfaces with.
- SSKI is also anti bacterial, but you have to use more of it. Since the potassium in SSKI tastes salty, you will taste this. But then, Lugols has a taste to it too. SSKI is not abrasive, so you can leave the dropper in the bottle when you take it with you on a journey http://www.tahomaclinicblog.com/iodide/ :
- Air travel: we drink a few ounces of water with 10 drops of SSKI, and prevent any “airline sinusitis” or other respiratory infection that so often follows several hours spent breathing re-cycled, germ laden air. (SSKI rapidly accumulates in any and all body secretions, including in the sinuses, where it inhibits or kills bacteria, viruses, and fungi before they can cause an infection.)
- Bladder infection
- It’s more convenient than Lugols if you want to take large dosages.